Experience and Education
You can feel confident with Anna and her 20-plus years as a psychologist and mental health professional. She now operates out her private practice at The Grange, in north Brisbane, and is consultant psychologist for the Uniting Church of Australia (Queensland).
Before going into private practice in 2010, Anna worked with:
- Medibank Health Solutions – Psychologist/Job Capacity Assessor
- Centrelink – Counsellor/Psychologist, Job Capacity Assessor
- Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park, Centre for Mental Health (previously known as Wolston Park Hospital) – Clinical Interviewer
- Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre – Senior Assessor for Special Consideration of Educational Disadvantage for Queensland.
- WorkCover Qld – Rehabilitation Counsellor
She has affiliations with:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Psychology Board of Australia)
- Australian Psychological Society (Associate Member)
Where was I educated?
- Master of Human Services – Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology – The University of New England
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology/Languages) – The University of Queensland
Anna was a contributor to a psychology text book The Home Therapist: A practical, self-help guide for everyday psychological problems.
This unique and easy-to-read book is a practical guide to over 130 psychological issues that you may face across a lifetime. It is both a self-help manual and an educational resource, featuring expert opinion from a range of experienced professionals. A must-have for the family bookshelf, it provides a wealth of information and helpful tips that can be used for self-care, as an addition to therapy, or in the support of others. It can also be used by doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, counsellors, and life-coaches for their own continuing development, or recommended to patients and clients to enhance their treatment and recovery.